Capturing Federal Business and Qualifying to Win
Dates & Locations
Aug 18-20, 2020 – Sterling, VA
This is a 3-day workshop comprised of Capturing Federal Business (2 days) and Qualifying to Win (1 day). Capturing Federal Business: Learn a proven process to plan and manage a capture strategy and capture planning effort. Focus on the customer’s environment, needs, and requirements while staying ahead of the competition. Qualifying to Win: Gain a competitive advantage through early positioning of your solution. Learn to ask effective questions, listen to the customer, and build a business case that meets the customer’s expectations.
A description of each course in this combination is listed below.
Capturing Federal Business
Build practical skills through lecture, discussion, simulations, and exercises. While learning a proven capture process, participants learn to use tools and disciplines to develop winning strategies and then implement those strategies through their capture teams by:
- Understanding the customer’s buying problems, value considerations, and selection process
- Analyzing the customers environment, needs, and requirements
- Using proven methods to assess competitive positions with the customer
- Building strategies that maximize win probability
- Learning to turn strategies into actions that drive to the win
Qualifying to Win
Review the pre-capture phase of the business development lifecycle. The course is specifically designed for professionals who have business development and sales responsibilities. This workshop not only delivers concepts that give a strong theoretical foundation for capture and sales activities, it also provides the critical communication skills required in real life. Learn to:
- Understand the customers decision-making or source selection process, personnel, and evaluation criteria
- Create value by helping customers think through the business impact of key issues and drivers
- Gain insight into how your attitudes and behaviors affect the development of trust in the customer relationship
Learn to strengthen customer relationships for short- and long-term success
Who Should Attend
- Capture Managers
- Sales and Marketing Professionals
- Senior Executives
- Business Development
- Program Manager
- Tools and Templates
- Course Workbook
- Shipley Capture Guide v3.0
If you register 30 days prior to the start of the workshop, enter EARLYBIRD at checkout to receive $100 off your registration fee!
If you have any questions about this course or others, contact Mallary Price at firstname.lastname@example.org
I took a lot of your teachings to heart, especially the pre-proposal planning, proposal development worksheets, and debriefing tips. As a result, my company had its best-ever month in new business acquisition…I now have a win rate of over 60 percent! Thank you for the seminars that have proven so valuable to me, my company, and my professional future.
Corporate Proposal Manager