Managing and Writing Federal Proposals
Dates & Locations
Feb 4-7, 2020 – Sterling, VA
Apr 21-24, 2020 – Colorado Springs, CO – contact Shawna Lippert at (719) 255-5215 or email email@example.com to register
This workshop combines the learning objectives of two hallmark Shipley workshops to teach strategies for both writing and managing winning proposals to Government customers.
A description of each course in this combination is below.
Managing Federal Proposals
This two-day workshop teaches skills for proposal or volume management in the U. S. federal market space. It begins by simulating a government source selection evaluation to build detailed understanding of how federal processes impact proposal planning and management. It continues by practicing all steps necessary to plan a successful proposal effort. It wraps up with comprehensive guidance on effective leadership techniques for the fast-paced proposal environment.
You will learn to:
- Assess your own proposals like government evaluators do
- Create effective proposal strategies
- Develop compliance checklists
- Outline proposals to match government instructions
- Assign requirements to appropriate authors for coverage in the proposal
- Prepare for and conduct an effective kickoff meeting
- Lead high-performing proposal teams on fast-paced schedules
- Prepare for effective reviews
- Exploit knowledge of the selection process to guide interactions with your customer after proposal submittal
Valuable electronic proposal management tools used in the course will be distributed after registration
Writing Federal Proposals
This two-day workshop equips you to be a productive contributor on proposal teams in the federal market space. Taught from the perspective of a section author, the workshop replicates the experience of planning and writing a proposal section, from receiving instructions at a kickoff meeting to incorporating feedback from reviewers.
You will learn to:
- Think like government evaluators of your proposal
- Plan content and layout of federal proposal sections
- Incorporate effective graphics and captions
- Organize, write, and revise proposal text
- Collaborate with other team members
In the workshop, you will be assigned to plan and write a proposal section for an actual federal proposal in collaboration with other team members, gaining insights into processes, tools, and sources of necessary information.
Who Should Attend
- Proposal Contributors
- Proposal Managers
- Proposal Developers
- Proposal Writers
- Shipley Proposal Guide v4.1
- Tools and Templates
- Course Workbook
If you register 30 days prior to the start of the workshop, enter EARLYBIRD at checkout to receive $100 off your registration fee!
If you have any questions about this course or others, contact Mallary Price at firstname.lastname@example.org
I took a lot of your teachings to heart, especially the pre-proposal planning, proposal development worksheets, and debriefing tips. As a result, my company had its best-ever month in new business acquisition…I now have a win rate of over 60 percent! Thank you for the seminars that have proven so valuable to me, my company, and my professional future.
Corporate Proposal Manager