Capturing Federal Business/Qualifying to Win/Winning Executive Summaries
Dates & Locations
Nov 12-15, 2019 – Sterling, VA
This is a 4-day workshop comprised of Capturing Federal Business (2 days), Qualifying to Win (1 day), and Winning Executive Summaries (1 day). Capturing Federal Business: Learn a proven process to plan and manage a capture strategy and capture planning effort. Focus on the customer’s environment, needs, and requirements while staying ahead of the competition. Qualifying to Win: Gain a competitive advantage through early positioning of your solution. Learn to ask effective questions, listen to the customer, and build a business case that meets the customer’s expectations. Winning Executive Summaries: Explore the concept of customer focus and how it can be achieved.
A description of each course in this combination is listed below.
Capturing Federal Business
Build practical skills through lecture, discussion, simulations, and exercises. While learning a proven capture process, participants learn to use tools and disciplines to develop winning strategies and then implement those strategies through their capture teams by:
- Understanding the customer’s buying problems, value considerations, and selection process
- Analyzing the customers environment, needs, and requirements
- Using proven methods to assess competitive positions with the customer
- Building strategies that maximize win probability
- Learning to turn strategies into actions that drive to the win
Qualifying to Win
Review the pre-capture phase of the business development lifecycle. The course is specifically designed for professionals who have business development and sales responsibilities. This workshop not only delivers concepts that give a strong theoretical foundation for capture and sales activities, it also provides the critical communication skills required in real life. Learn to:
- Understand the customers decision-making or source selection process, personnel, and evaluation criteria
- Create value by helping customers think through the business impact of key issues and drivers
- Gain insight into how your attitudes and behaviors affect the development of trust in the customer relationship
Learn to strengthen customer relationships for short- and long-term success
Winning Executive Summaries
This one-day workshop begins by exploring the concept of customer focus and how it can be achieved. It continues with information on the many uses of customer-focused executive summaries in business development documents, especially proposals. A process for creating effective summaries is then introduced and practiced, step by step.
You will learn to:
- Understand the nature of customer focus and how to infuse it into your documents
- Create executive summaries focused on your customer’s most important issues
- Use customized planning and organizing tools to quickly craft effective executive summaries
By the end of the workshop, you will have a completed executive summary you can use as a model or share with a customer. At your discretion, this can be an executive summary related to an historical business opportunity (won or lost), a live opportunity you are currently pursuing, or a case study furnished by Shipley.
Who Should Attend
- Capture Managers
- Sales and Marketing Professionals
- Senior Executives
- Business Developers
- Program Managers
- Proposal Writers
- Proposal Contributers
- Tools and Templates
- Course Workbook
- Shipley Capture Guide
- Shipley Proposal Guide
If you register 30 days prior to the start of the workshop, enter EARLYBIRD at checkout to receive $100 off your registration fee!
If you have any questions about this course or others, contact Mallary Price at firstname.lastname@example.org