Vice President, Business Winning Services
Tom Mallot brings more than 34 years in strategic planning, business development process, and execution. His experience spans from large corporations to small businesses, recognizing and employing both the need for process and discipline with agility and streamlining. He brings a broad spectrum of technical, administrative skills and experience. This experience includes 10 years as an aerospace systems engineer, 15 years as a project and program manager, 27 years working in business development roles, and actively participating in capture and proposal development for his entire career. He has also acquired business and financial acumen through these roles, participating and leading in business transformation, merger and acquisition analyses and efforts, investment trade-off assessments, market/competitive assessments, and Price-to-Win activities. He has participated in over 150 proposals representing $80B in pursuits, having led over 100 of these efforts.
- Vice President, Business Winning Services at Shipley Associates. Provides executive oversight and guidance to capture and proposal management experts and consultants. Offers Engagement Quality Management to clients and consultants, ensuring optimal performance of staff and services as well as customer satisfaction.
- Senior/Executive Consultant for Shipley Associates. Supported a wide variety of federal and DoD contractors as a capture and proposal consultant with a strong win record and excellent client satisfaction for 13 years. Long term relationships with Boeing, L3 / L3Harris, Leonardo US, Sierra Nevada, and ATK (now part of Northrop Grumman).
- Director/Manager of Strategic Planning for several companies, including IBM and Boeing. Developed processes and resultant strategic plans with business developers, portfolio managers, and program managers to sustain and grow business base. Over 20 years, developed and provided expertise in program management, business development, IT operations, contracts management, subcontracts management, technical coordination, and other functional support.
Education and Training
- Extensive Shipley training, including proposal writing, proposal managing, and capture courses
- BS, Lehigh University, Electrical Engineering