Managing Strategic Proposals (Online)
Oct 20, 2020 – Online
Your organization can benefit from online training that meets your specific timing and geographic reach without the high cost of travel.
In this online, instructor-led course, you learn essential skills for managing a proposal or proposal volume in any market. You learn how to lead teams to produce written or electronic proposals in response to a Request for Proposal (RFP) or other bid document. You also learn key steps in proposal planning and execution, beginning with understanding all requirements to assigning and managing contributors at all key milestones of proposal development.
The online course model consists of 3 live, virtual, instructor-led sessions conducted in a single day. Participants work on a case study during 1-hour breaks and practice applying tools and techniques. Using the ShipleyOnline learning management system (LMS), participants submit their work for instructor feedback, including a final draft section of a proposal. The exact delivery format can be tailored to your needs.
A certificate is issued upon successful completion of the course, which requires attendance at the live sessions, submission of written assignments, and passing a final course exam.
Course Description and Learning Objectives
This interactive course builds the proposal management skill set through lecture, discussion, and exercises using a case study. It begins with all necessary steps for planning and effectively managing development of a compliant and compelling sales document.
You will learn to:
- Understand the roles, responsibilities, and key competencies of a Proposal Manager
- Convert action-based sales strategies into proposal strategies or win themes based on customer hot buttons
- Develop a comprehensive compliance checklist
- Create a compliant and detailed proposal outline
- Make assignments to appropriate contributors to the proposal
- Prepare for and conduct an effective kickoff meeting, including providing clear instructions to authors and contributors
- Lead proposal teams in regular and ad hoc status meetings
- Prepare for and conduct effective proposal reviews and action plans
- Support interactions with your customer after proposal submittal
Who Should Attend
- Proposal Managers
- Proposal Writers
- Business Developers
- Downloadable Shipley Proposal Guide v4.1 with linked Table of Contents
- Downloadable Proposal Manager workbook, including tools and templates
- All screenshots and slides are also included as handouts
- Mock-up templates
Contact Shipley at 888.772.9467 or email@example.com
I took a lot of your teachings to heart, especially the pre-proposal planning, proposal development worksheets, and debriefing tips. As a result, my company had its best-ever month in new business acquisition…I now have a win rate of over 60 percent! Thank you for the seminars that have proven so valuable to me, my company, and my professional future.
Corporate Proposal Manager