Capturing New Business (Online)
Dates & Locations
July 16, 2019 – Online
In this online, virtual course, participants learn a proven process for capturing strategic business opportunities in any industry. Participants learn high impact skills for qualifying opportunities and strategically positioning their organizations for successful bids.
The online course model consists of 4 live, virtual, instructor-led sessions conducted over a two-week period. Participants work on a case study and practice applying tools and techniques between the live sessions. Using the ShipleyOnline learning management system (LMS), participants submit their work for instructor feedback during the 2-week course.
A certificate is issued upon successful completion of the course, which requires attendance at the 4 live sessions, submission of written assignments and quizzes, and passing a final course exam.
This course qualifies for the capture planning requirement for Shipley Certification and counts as 10 CEUs toward maintaining APMP certification.
In this course, participants use a case study to learn to qualify opportunities, conduct research on the customer and competition, and develop a plan to help shape and address the opportunity before the customer issues a formal bid request. Course content includes:
- Recognizing the customer buying process
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of capture planning
- Using Pwin (the probability of a win) to evaluate factors leading to a bid/no-bid decision
- Selecting and qualifying business opportunities of interest, based on rational criteria
- Employing competitive intelligence in capture planning
- Analyzing competitors’ positions from the customer’s perspective
- Refining the capture strategy – discriminators, theme statements, value proposition
Creating action plans to implement strategy
Who Should Attend
- Capture Managers
- Opportunity Managers
- Business Developers
- Sales Professionals
- Sales Management
- Tools and Templates
- Shipley Capture Guide v3.0 (Digital)
If you register 30 days prior to the start of the workshop, enter EARLYBIRD at checkout to receive $100 off your registration fee!
If you have any questions about this course or others, contact Mallary Price at email@example.com
I took a lot of your teachings to heart, especially the pre-proposal planning, proposal development worksheets, and debriefing tips. As a result, my company had its best-ever month in new business acquisition…I now have a win rate of over 60 percent! Thank you for the seminars that have proven so valuable to me, my company, and my professional future.
Corporate Proposal Manager