Capturing New Business (Live, Online)
Dates & Locations
Jul 27, 2021 – Live, Online—Filled, wait list only
Sept 28, 2021 – Live, Online
Oct 12, 2021 – Live, Online
Dec 1, 2021 – Live, Online
In this online, virtual course, participants learn a proven process for capturing strategic business opportunities in any industry. Participants learn high impact skills for qualifying opportunities and strategically positioning their organizations for successful bids.
The online course model consists of 3 live, virtual, instructor-led sessions conducted in a single day. Participants work on a case study during 1-hour breaks and practice applying tools and techniques. Using the ShipleyOnline learning management system (LMS), participants submit their work for instructor feedback, including a final draft section of a proposal. The exact delivery format can be tailored to your needs.
A certificate is issued upon successful completion of the course, which requires attendance at the live sessions, submission of written assignments, and passing a final course exam.
This course qualifies for the proposal writing requirement for Shipley Certification and counts as 5 CEUs toward maintaining APMP certification.
Course content includes:
- Recognizing the customer buying process
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of capture planning
- Using Pwin (the probability of a win) to evaluate factors leading to a bid/no-bid decision
- Selecting and qualifying business opportunities of interest, based on rational criteria
- Employing competitive intelligence in capture planning
- Analyzing competitors’ positions from the customer’s perspective
- Refining the capture strategy – discriminators, theme statements, value proposition
- Creating action plans to implement strategy
Discover how companies that invest in business development before writing proposals bid on fewer opportunities, spend less, but win more often.
Who Should Attend
- Capture Managers
- Opportunity Managers
- Business Developers
- Sales Professionals
- Sales Management
- Tools and Templates
- Shipley Capture Guide v3.0 (Digital)
If you register 30 days prior to the start of the workshop, enter EARLYBIRD at checkout to receive $100 off your registration fee!
If you have any questions about this course or others, contact Mallary Price at email@example.com
I took a lot of your teachings to heart, especially the pre-proposal planning, proposal development worksheets, and debriefing tips. As a result, my company had its best-ever month in new business acquisition…I now have a win rate of over 60 percent! Thank you for the seminars that have proven so valuable to me, my company, and my professional future.
Corporate Proposal Manager